The Winter Holidays mood!
Happiness and sparkling eyes seem to be all around us as the countdown marks 3 days left till Christmas. Some of us, somehow, sometimes, find it hard to put ourselves in the mood for another Christmas with red lights on, and family time, and all the delicious food.
- The first thing you can do is build a Christmas tree. You can buy it at the local store, or maybe you have the same one for years. You may find a gray one, or a white one, or the simple traditional green huge tree as the appropriate 'it' tree for this year. It does not really matter the color of your tree, or the size of it, as long as you decorate it nicely, and mostly: you call it a Christmas tree. Now set that tree on fire.. I meant turn on the lights.
- The very next thing that puts you in the mood for December holidays is of course Victoria's Secret fashion show. Always so festive, with those lovely girls, the talented musicians and dancers, and the glittering lights. There is no better time to start thinking about your own home glittering, is not it?
- Some of us do think about gifts too. Well, this is no obligatory task. You may want to make some thoughtful gifts to your loved ones, or to even people you do not spend time much, but still would love to share a moment with. I always have this idea there is no such thing as the perfect gift for which you have to think months before and search the whole town and every possible blog on the Internet. Each gift idea is the perfect one, as you are thinking about that one person at that time, so no doubt you will buy or create the perfect gift for him/her. You can always decorate it lovely and make it look more a December holiday's gift.
- You may want to do your nails in order to match the festive colors of the holidays. Red, white and green are always the 'in' colors in this season, and glitter nail polishes are preferred as well. You can paint your nails in a simple plain color, or you can pain them red and line with white and green. If you are not such a fan of this, a good idea would be to make a set of nail polishes gift to a friend you know she loves doing her nails.
- Buy somethings for yourself. A little present for just you. Maybe you should go for that red dress you saw at your favorite store, or the red Victoria's Secret underwear. I heard it brings good luck if you wear red in the night of Christmas and New Year's Eve, so just go for it.
- And buy all the food you want, and eat whatever you want to. Think about your wishes, and the New Year’s goal. Make a list of them, and still let them uncompleted, because all of it is supposed to come naturally at it’s own pace and time, but anyway, write that list. Think about your “Merry Christmas” messages, and the weird faces you may do at the dinner table with your family. Maybe it would be the right time to procrastinate a little on the special things you can cook for the Christmas dinner. Have a hot chocolate, and read a good book in your warm lovely house. I can not think of anything in the world that can beat that!
Or, do not even do any of these at all. It is your Christmas, so do what you want, how you want it.